Immigration Benefits for Same-Sex Couples. At Last.

We’re immigration lawyers who help same-sex couples around the world.

Call Now: (888) 958-4555

With the overturning of DOMA, federal immigration benefits are now available to same-sex partners.

U.S. citizens and Permanent Residents are now able to sponsor their same-sex partners. Gay and lesbian citizens may file petitions to obtain visas for their fiances living overseas, and individuals already in the US may adjust their status to obtain permanent residency based on their marriage to a US citizen or permanent resident.

Learn More Free Consultation – Click Here

Experts in Helping Same-Sex Couples Nationwide

Based in New York, and available to clients around the US, our law firm assists same-sex couples nationwide and worldwide.

Countless same-sex couples have been forced to live outside of the U.S., or separately from their partners, due to the Defense of Marriage Act’s denial of federal immigration benefits to same-sex couples.

With the striking down of this oppressive law by the Supreme Court of the United States on June 26, 2013, gay and lesbian partners of U.S. citizens and permanent residents may now be sponsored for green cards in order to live in the U.S. permanently with their partners.

— Read more


Which Immigration Benefits are Available?

Family-sponsored visas

Immigration benefits such as visas and permanent residency are now available to gay and lesbian couples:

  1. K-1 Fiancé Visas – for couples who intend to marry within 90 days of fiances entrace into the US
  2. K-3 Marriage Visas – for same-sex spouses of US citizens who are foreign nationals living overseas
  3. Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
  4. Immigrant visas obtained through consular processing – for those residing overseas
  5. Adjustment of Status to obtain a Green Card – for alien spouses in the US on other visa types
  6. Waivers based on marriage to a qualifying US citizen

Employment/Business Visas

Gay and lesbian individuals may now accompany their same-sex spouses who hold employment-based visas:

  1. H-4 visa for the spouse of an H-1B Specialty Occupations visa holder
  2. L-2 visa for the spouse of an L-1 Intracompany Transferee visa holder
  3. E-2 derivative visa for the spouse of an E-2 treaty trader or treaty investor
  4. Green-card benefits for  spouses of EB-5 investors

Removal Proceedings

Gay and lesbian couples may now seek protection from deportation in removal proceedings via some forms of relief:

  1. Cancellation of removal
  2. Adjustment of Status in proceedings
  3. I-212(h) waiver

Shortcode Generator Why hire us?

Immigration is one of the most complex and dynamic areas of law. We concentrate our practice on same-sex immigration, focusing on unique issues and processes involved with applications made by same-sex couples. Developing expertise on this area of law allows us to serve clients with high-quality legal representation. We value our reputation in the community and strive to protect it by working with laser-like focus on our clients and their best interests.

Our attorneys solely practice immigration. We are built to service clients from around the U.S., including New York, Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Houston. We understand that many of our clients are living overseas; as such, we take a global approach to our practice. Learn more about us.

LGBT Advocacy LGBT Advocacy

Our law firm not only aims to serve the LGBT community by advocating for its legal rights to immigration benefits; we are involved in other ways as well. For every new client that engages our firm, we make a donation to the LGBT Asylum Task Force.

Latest Updates  Latest Updates

Hardship Waiver Info: learn more about provisional waivers for extreme hardship (07/16/13)

USCIS Alert on implementation of Supreme Court’s DOMA decision (07/11/13)

Send Us a Message